Monday 19 January 2015

INTERNSHIP JOURNAL - DAY 1

Today was my first day of my internship. I came home with a terrible headache and all I wanted to do is take a long nap. And I got that so needed nap. So why did I had this terrible headache? My energy gets drained out when I’m around and interacting with people - which sometimes causes headaches and stomachaches. I’m NOT antisocial. I do very much like spending time with my friends, family and even complete strangers. I just get exhausted being with people {the boyfriend doesn’t count here} for a whole day. Call me an introvert or whatever fancy terms there is out there. I have always been like this and it’s hard when you live in an extrovert world. But yup, that’s who I am. Let’s be honest here - I was also nervous for this day and almost felt sick this morning. I’m very good at adapting to new places when I’m abroad on holiday or when I move to a new place. But when it comes to work and school I almost get anxious and I don’t thrive immediately. It’s perhaps {I know it is} because I lack self-confidence. Something I have been improving since high school and it isn’t going fast enough in my opinion! Sigh.

So what did I do today on my first day? First of all we are four interns - two are my classmates, another girl and I. We are all Multimedia Design and Communication students. Our internship place is a small company that sells jewellery online. My job is to generate content in form as graphic design and illustrations for the website. I also have to shoot pack shots and edit pictures. I’m guessing that’s what the other girls also have to do. It’s all about the visual.

We began the day with a meeting with the others and afterwards we interns got an introduction. Afterwards we got three tasks* {sorry it's in Danish but I bet you know how to use Google Translate}, which we had a couple of hours to solve. I just recently bought a Macbook Pro because my ASUS was too slow for almost everything but especially the Adobe programs. I have only bought PCs before so I’m not used to Mac’s operating system. But I’m already having a hang on it. It’s a great laptop. Fast, quick, speedy. Though I had a bit of a problem with it today which I'll get back to in a second. Today I learned I’m not that great at being creative when I have to force myself to be it, I don’t work too well with loud music on and the Adobe programs set in Danish language is such a no-go. The latest was my problem with my new laptop today. I had trouble with setting the language to English and I always work with the programs in English. It was a such pain in the you-know-where. I did finish all the tasks on time but I am not content with my work and I am to embarrass to show it here. So this will be just one of those posts with no pictures. Boring. Sorry.

It was a bit of an off day for me. Don’t get me wrong - the people at my internship seem very kind, the place is nice and it was exciting to be there. You know it’s the it’s not you, it’s me phrase. I just need to pull myself together. Night peaches.

*Opgaver til første dag - Opsamling kl. 15:45 - Løses individuelt
1. opgave: 1 stk "Be Inspired" billede
Fokus: Vær kreativ {det behøver ikke at være smukt i første forsøg - bare vær kreative}. Eventuelt med grafiske elementer.

2. opgave: 2 styling billeder
Fokus på styling og produktvisning. Se Instagram for inspiration.

3. opgave: Packshot på model
Vælg et smykke fra hjemmesiden of indsæt det på billedet af modellen I har fået tilsendt.

No comments:

Post a Comment