Sunday 8 February 2015

INTERNSHIP JOURNAL - WEEK 6

I have decided not to write every single day because I have done pretty much the same thing every day this week and there’s no fun in reading the same thing over and over again is there? So instead I’ll be writing recaps for the week and posting it every Friday or in the weekend.

This week I have mainly been focusing on more masking/clipping out in Photoshop. My job is to clip out the jewelry and paste it on a picture of a model. Then I have to add shadows and make other adjustments so it won’t look off. The trickiest part is guessing how small/large the jewelry looks on the model. We do know the size of the jewelry but since the picture of the model is not 100%/actual size this part is a big challenge.
I did get other assignments, which suited me well because it can get a bit {very!} boring doing the same thing for a whole day straight. First I was asked to crop some images and insert the logo on them. Here we were debating on the size of the logo so I made three examples for each picture. The first example is how I think the logo looked the best. In the second example I made the logo larger so it was clearer that it said “THE JEWELLERY REPUBLIC”. And in the third example I deleted the tagline. This has been used to promote their Facebook page and hopefully it will gain more likes on the page and customers.
Lastly I was asked to once again take a picture that will be used to announce a winner of a competition. I particularly enjoy this kind of assignments since I have always been quite fond of taking pictures. It’s so nice to see that they actually use the work we have done on their social media platforms and website. My ring size guide is on their website and the pictures I have taken to announce the winners are on their Facebook page and Instagram. It’s a pretty cool internship place! Goodnight and sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment