Friday 13 February 2015

INTERNSHIP JOURNAL - WEEK 7

Good morning. Let’s just get straight to it. I’ve done more Photoshop this week. To be honest this was fun in the beginning but now I’d fancy some other tasks. But it’s fine! And I did get another task too so everything is good.
I have already explained what we do in Photoshop. Now I’ll just quickly explain what we do before and after a jewelry is placed on a model in Photoshop. First of all we open a Google Spreadsheet which have the names and product numbers of the jewelry we have to place on a model. Then we go to Box (which is like Dropbox) and with the help of the product number we search for the picture and information (size) of a specific jewelry. When it’s found we download the png or psd file of the jewelry. Then the process of clipping out and placing it on a model comes. When we are satisfied with the masking and placing we get it approved. If it gets approved we save it as a JPEG and place the file in a folder (FINAL MODEL PACKS) in Box. Finally we go back to the spreadsheet and write DONE (FÆRDIG).
The other task was to take a banner picture for the website's front page. The theme was high polished jewelry. The first bunch of pictures I took was not what they wanted (the first picture below). They said there was too much going on and I should keep it simpler. So that’s what I did and they liked it.
They used another picture I took and used it at the ‘BE INSPIRED’ page. As I mentioned in my last post, I like that they use our work. It shows they are content with what we are doing and it gives confidence. At my internship place they are very good at giving feedback and will tell you straightforwardly if they like your work or not. And that’s just how it should be. Looking forward to the weekend and sleep. Have a great one!
Yesterday I helped one of the other interns to take a picture. One of the pictures I took is now on the 'BE INSPIRED' page and others are used as Valentines presents inspiration.
Again today I helped with a new banner picture. I took the pictures and she stood model.
The picture below is also one I took of her. It's used in their Facebook page and newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment